The Purpose of Our Education Work
The primary aim of our education work is to raise awareness about youth homelessness and the work of Bradford Nightstop so that young people in the Bradford District are aware that sleeping 'rough' is very dangerous, extremely bad for your health and is something which they should never consider doing.
We offer free preventative education sessions to schools, colleges, PRUs, E2E groups, training groups and youth groups. The aims of these sessions are:
- To allow young people to explore the issues surrounding youth homelessness.
- To enable young people to increase their understanding about the accommodation options available to them.
- To increase young people's understanding of the dangers of sleeping 'rough' and the impact it can have on their lives.
- To challenge the stereotypes often associated with homelessness and homeless people.
- To signpost sources of help, support and advice.